WELCOME TO THE FRAG RC PAVILION
When fully funded and operational, FRAG’s new indoor facility will include:
1. Multiple 1/16th scale RC BATTLEFIELDS :
Afrika Korps desert warfare
Omaha beach invasions
Normandy hedgerow & village battles
Battle of the Bulge winter warfare
Mountainous & open field battles
Iraqi/Kuwaiti desert warfare
Our overall goal is to provide battle themes that permit operations of the many historic eras for which 1/16th scale tank models are now available.
Battles will be offered in both overhead view and state of the art FPV ... where drivers and commanders operate from workstation monitors and use headphones to coordinate attacks and defense.
Click drawing to enlarge
Proposed Outdoor Track
2. RC TRACKS, COURSES & AREAS for:
RC Crawler Clubs
RC Boat Clubs
RC Dune Buggy Clubs
RC Race Courses - Indoor & Outside
RC Truck Driving and Construction
Click drawing to enlarge
3. Exhibition room known as the 16th ARMOR MUSEUM which will showcase the 40 year history of 1/16th scale military model production, and the companies and individuals who have contributed to the growth of the hobby.
4. OUTREACH PROGRAMS: FRAG has for many years taken its “modular RC tank display” to elementary schools as a means of educating both the student and the visiting parent about US Military History. Now with the new indoor Pavilion, school classes will be able to visit and tour miniature scale battlefields to learn about military history and the sacrifices or our Veterans.
5. VETERAN SUPPORT: FRAG has always supported veterans and with the new Pavilion, will be able to offer a US Veteran’s Club Room where they can fellowship together, relax with food & drink, and participate in the RC games.
6. RESEARCH LIBRARY for both local and internet users featuring:
An 800 vol. WWII book collection
Research Information for AFV modeling
7. TEACHING & TRAINING CLASSROOMS covering such topics as:
A. Assembly and maintenance of RC tanks
B. Painting and weathering of models
C. Building and finishing wood structures
D. Casting, part making & scratch building
E. FPV camera installation & maintenance
F. Radio maintenance & modifications
G. Interpretive History presentations.
8. WORKSHOPS including:
A. Painting Booth
B. Woodworking shop
C. Metal shop
D. 3D Printing shop
E. Resin casting shop
9. Upper level gallery viewing of the battlefields by the public, with OH mounted TV screens showing low level action, and announcer commentary to explain how and why military maneuvers unfold.
10. Private club rooms for local and visiting clubs.
It is FRAG’s fervent hope that its battlefields will be used for Regional, National and possibly International Battleday events.
11. Concessions and private meeting spaces.
PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY TODAY